We all love a great vacation, especially in beautiful locations worldwide. Sadly, a lot of exotic locations are expensive to visit.
However, struggling to earn a living shouldn’t stop you from seeing beautiful places. So I have compiled a few destinations you can visit that are cheap for you to have fun on a budget.
Take a look below and please tell me this doesn’t ignite your wanderlust!
If you are looking for clean sandy beaches, great weather, historical sites, stunning natural scenery and friendly natives, you will see all of them in Ghana and a lot more.
As a traveller, Ghana has so many places that can cater to the purse strings of everyone. You can chill on the beaches in Accra that are generally free to visit.
One interesting place that picked my interest is Ga-Adangbe Caskets Workshop. It is renowned for designing very unusual caskets.
They make coffins that symbolize the lives of the dead person that are buried in them.
If a person was a pilot, he will have an aeroplane shaped coffin made for him. It attracts various woodworking students worldwide.
Other good places to see are medieval castles, museums, the National Theatre, La Tante DC 10, ‘an aeroplane turned restaurant, national parks and more.
- It was the first country in sub-Saharan Africa to gain its independence in1957.
- The name Ghana means warrior king.
- It houses Lake Volta, the largest man-made lake in the World.
- It was called the Gold Coast due to a large amount of gold found and traded there.
This beautiful European country has a lot to offer to travellers on a budget. It has historical locations, UNESCO World Heritage Sites, beautiful scenery and more that are inexpensive.
If you are a lover of Dracula movies, you have come to the right place. You will get the chance to see his castle in Transylvania.
This 57 room castle was built in the 13th century and is full of historic furniture, clothing, and other things to keep you busy.
You can also have a partisan experience without breaking the bank in Bucharest under the Arch of Triumph situated on Kiseleff Boulevard.
Other interesting cheap places to visit are Museums, Parks, Century-old monasteries, hunted forests, the Place Of Parliament well from the outside’ which is Europe’s largest building and more.
- The name Romania comes from the Latin word Romanus which means a citizen of the roman empire
- Bucharest is known as Little Paris due to the Arch of Triumph being built after the Arc de Triomphe in Paris.
- Romania has the tallest wooden church in the world in Sapanta Peri, Maramures, Romania.
- The earliest Homo sapiens fossils in Europe were found in Romania in the “Cave Of Bones”.
Turks and Caicos.
The Caribbean is associated with luxury travel. However there are budget-friendly locations you can visit here. Turks and Caicos are one of them.
This island nation is an archipelago of 40 islands in the Atlantic Ocean. This island has fantastic weather, pristine beaches, azure waters, beautiful coral reefs etc.
Dive into the country’s history in Cheshire Hall, a plantation built in the 1700s where Slaves worked in the cotton fields. It is in Providenciales.
It features a Great House, a cotton press base, a slave cabin and a kitchen.
- Turk and Caicos are not in the Caribbean Sea. It is in the Atlantic Ocean.
- There are no lakes or rivers in Turks and Caicos.
- Turks and Caicos have the largest above the ground caves in the Caribbean.
This southeastern Asian country has a brutal past due to the Khmer Rouge regime. However, it is a gem for tourists on a budget.
You can get a chance to see the various architectural gems when strolling in Phnom Penh, the country’s capital. You can also watch movies for free in Phnom Penh’s German cultural centre.
Other good places to visit are the royal palace, central market Phnom Penh, Tuol Seng genocide museum, Buddhist temples, Battambang UNESCO City of performing arts, and picturesque sites like the stunning waterfalls in Cardamon mountains, Tonle Sap lake etc.
You can also chill on Cambodian beaches like Sihanoukville beach are as beautiful as Indonesian beaches.
- Angor Wat built 800 years ago is the World’s largest religious building.
- Traditional Cambodian weddings last for three days.
- There are a lot of active line mines in Cambodia. Between 4- 6 million!
- More than half of the population is less than 15 years old.
If you are a fan of delicious food, stunning natural sites and more, look no further. They can all in Bolivia.
This central South American country has a lot to offer tourists on a budget.
This country has beautiful animals that you may not see elsewhere. Examples are the nearly extinct flamingoes and llamas that are native to only South America.
It also has a stunning landscape to satisfy nature lovers. An example of this place is Laguna Colorada. Laguna Colorada which means ‘’Red Lagoon’’ in Spanish is a red salt lake situated in Potosi, Bolivia.
It gets its beautiful red colour from the algae and minerals found in the water. A large number of flamboyant flamingoes are present in the lake. Its breathtaking.
You have to take a picture of yourself.
If you want to experience the native belief systems of the Indigenous people or cast a spell on someone ‘’wink’’, visit the witches’ market. You will get all your heart’s desire there.
Other stunning locations to see are Laguna Verde, Salvador Dali Desert, Eduardo Avaroa Andean Fauna National Reserve, archaeological sites like Tiwanaku which is a UNESCO Heritage Site, Puerta del Diablo etc.
- Lake Titicaca located in Bolivia is the world’s highest lake.
- The world’s largest natural mirror is found in Salar de Uyuni.
- Sixty-four million tonnes of salt are also found in the area which makes it the largest deposit of salt in the world.
- Bolivia has 37 official languages.
- The Amazon River in Bolivia has pink Dolphins.
- Bolivia was part of the Inca Empire.
If you are a connoisseur of art and history, I invite you to get lost in Egypt’s The Land Of The Pharaohs. This North African country is renowned for its fascinating classical history from queen Cleopatra to Pharaoh Tuthkhamen.
It has also inspired many writers to create fantastic stories ranging from Agatha Christie’s ‘Death on the Nile to Marie Corelli’s Ziska: Problem of a wicked soul, not to mention movies like James Bond’s The Spy Who Loved Me to the Mummy franchise.
Your visit to Egypt is sure to be unforgettable. There are a lot of good and unforgettable places you can see in Egypt.
One beautiful place you should visit is Al-Andalus Garden. This botanical garden is located in Cairo the capital.
It has beautiful flowers and exquisite architectural features like colourful mosaic benches, fountains and arches that make it a haven for photographers.
Other exciting places to visit are museums, the beach, the Nile River, temples, the pyramids and more.
- Egypt is the oldest nation in the world, dating back to 3rd BC.
- Ancient Egyptians used makeup.
- Ancient Egyptians made and used perfume.
- Wedding rings were worn in ancient Egypt to symbolize unending love between spouses.
- Ancient Egyptians worshipped more than 2,000 gods and goddesses.
- The famous Egyptian queen was not beautiful at all.
When you think of the Orient, what comes to your mind? The exotic country of Ceylon is now known as Sri Lanka.
This beautiful island nation is also nicknamed ‘The Gem Of The Indian Ocean is in the Indian ocean.
The country is home to various cultures, languages and ethnic groups. Yes, Sri Lanka may have gone through a brutal 26-year-old war, but it has bounced back.
This country has a rich history and has a vast array of interesting things to be seen and experienced. It has scenic landscapes, archaeological edifices, great weather and stunning landmarks.
An example of this place is Viharamahadevi- Park. Nature lovers can have a great time in this place. It is in the capital Colombo.
It can boast of water fountains, a zoo, beautiful flora and a play area for children.
If you are an adrenaline lover, head up to Ella where you can hike up Adam’s Peak. It is 1141m above sea level. See the sunset at its zenith. It is simply out worldly.
Other great places to visit are the National Maritime Museum and Galle Fort.
It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, built-in 1588 by the Portuguese, with various temples, national parks, beaches, hot springs, waterfalls, ancient ruins etc.
- Sri Lanka’s national flag is the oldest in the world dating back to 162 BC.
- Sri Lanka was the first country to have a female prime minister in 1060.
- It is home to the world’s human planted tree. It is a fig tree which was planted 2,300 years ago.
- The head wobble in Sri Lanka means Yes.
Tips For Saving Money During Your Trip.
Travelling can be costly but there are a few things you can do to reduce your expenses.
- Always use public transportation like the bus or train instead of using Uber.
- Eat at local restaurants. Avoid dining in tourist areas to get a good bargain.
- Rent an apartment instead of a hotel room because it will come with a kitchen. That way you get to cook bought from the local market. That will cut your expenses down as opposed to eating out.
So there you go! Have fun and conquer the World!