Christmas usually include delicious family dinners,-gifts giving, joy and laughterhter and enjoying precious moments with our loved ones. It also includes alcoholic beverages and sugary treats.
Excess alcohol destroys the liver, increases your blood sugar and can leave you with a terrible hangover.
If you want to enjoy a delicious drink without the hangover this Christmas, why not try healthy mocktail instead?
I love these drinks because I make them with healthy ingredients like fruits, herbs, fermented foods and natural sweeteners. They don’t contain alcohol and are high in vitamins and minerals that are good for you.
Here is a list of healthy and delicious mocktail recipes to keep your Christmas party going!
Peach And Elder fruit Mocktail.
Serve guests this stylish peach and elder fruit Mocktail for a mature alcohol-free party drink. It’s frizzy and very festive.
*50 ml peach juice
*25ml lime juice
150 ml sparkling water.
2 tsp elderflower cordial.
Chill all the ingredients and the flute glasses in a fridge for two hours.
Pour all the ingredients into your glasses.
Stir gently. Garnish with lime leaf and serve
Lemon Lipton Iced Tea.
Get energized with this lemon-infused Lipton iced tea. Tea is rich in flavonoids. Lemon is rich in vitamin C and promotes healthy skin, teeth and gums.
- 12 Lipton tea bags
- 2 lemons plus lemon wedges for garnish.
- 4 cups of boiling water.
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup honey.
- 4 cups cold water.
- Ice cubes.
Steep tea bags and lemon peel in hot water for five minutes.
- Remove tea bags and lemon peel. Pour into a large pitcher. Stir in lemon juice and honey.
- Add in cold water and refrigerate for two hours. Serve over ice cubes with lemon wedges.
Logan Berry Mint Mocktail.
Loganberries and fresh mint are combined to make a refreshing, healthy mocktail.
- *1/2 cup Loganberries (fresh).
- 2 cups kombucha
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- Ice cubes
- 171 gm club soda.
*1/4 Logan berries for garnish.
- Puree Loganberries and mint leaves in a blender.
- Place the desired amount of ice cubes in glasses.
- Pour the Logan Berry juice into the glasses. Add kombucha.
- Stir and garnish with additional Loganberries and mint leaves.
Honeydew melon Basil Twist.
I love this mocktail. Honeydew is sweet and juicy. It will remind you of summer. A combination of honeydew, lemon and basil is a win-
*1 Tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- 2 Basil leaves
- 1 cup honeydew melon juice.
- 6 cups of water
- 1 cup of honey
- Ice cubes
- Pour all the ingredients into a shaker with some ice. Shake for one minute.
- Pour into ice-filled glass cups. Enjoy immediately.
Virgin Mary Mocktail.
Are you looking for a delicious mocktail that’s easy to make this Christmas? The virgin Mary Mocktail is just a drink to serve to your non-drinking guests.
Just throw the ingredients into a cocktail shaker. Voila, it’s ready! It tastes so good that you won’t miss alcohol and you will wake up the next day with a terrible hangover.
- Four cups of red grapes (fresh).
- 30 ml freshly squeezed lime juice.
*. 60 ml sparkling water.
*. 30ml orange juice.
*. 2 Tsp honey.
- Puree grapes in a blender until smooth
- Put grape juice, lime, and honey in a cocktail shaker.
- Add plenty of ice and shake gently. Add orange juice and serve.
Pineapple Mocktail Mule.
This mocktail is delicious. It has a fat-burning kick to it. It may help you lose a few kilos this holiday.
- 4-5 fresh ginger root
- Ice cubes
- One ounce of lime juice.
- Two ounces of water
- *One large pineapple.
- Peel and grind pineapple and ginger in a food processor for two minutes or until completely smooth.
- Add lime juice, pineapple and sparkling water into a pitcher and stir.
- Put ice cubes in glasses and pour pineapple mocktail into glasses. Garnish with a slice of lime.
Guava Mint Mocktail.
This juicy mocktail gets its sweetness from guava and herbal freshness from the mint. You will love it without the alcohol.
- 1/2 oz fresh lime juice.
- Four fresh mint leaves.
- Two litres of fresh ginger root.
- Two litres of water.
- Four large guavas.
- *Three tablespoon honey.
- *Ice cubes.
- Wash and cut the guavas/ ginger. Puree in a blender until smooth. Strain it through a sieve.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the lime juice, guava juice and three mint leaves. Shake it vigorously for five minutes.
- Pour into glasses filled with ice. Garnish the mocktail with the remaining mint leaves and serve.
Apricot Cinnamon Spritzer.
This festive mocktail is rich in antioxidants and good for children, pregnant women and people who want to avoid alcohol. Mix the ingredients together and enjoy.
- Apricot juice.
- Cinnamon Powder.
- Apple Juice
- *Sparkling water.
- Put all the ingredients into a pitcher. Stir
- Pour into drinking glasses and serve
Drink this tingly mocktail Christmas and you will have boosted this season.
- Six cups of freshly squeezed tangerine juice.
- Two tablespoons of honey.
- Ice cubes.
- 1/2 cup of lemon juice.
- One cup of ginger ale.
- Cherry ( Garnish)
- Two litres of water
- Put the tangerine, lemon juice and honey into a bowl and stir. Then add the ginger ale and gently stir.
- Garnish with a cherry.
- Apple And Rose Punch.
Treat your guests with this fantastic apple punch. Garnish the bowl with currants to make a beautiful non-alcoholic drink.
- Six apples
- One tablespoon of honey
- 250 ml water.
- *Four cardamom pods.
- Three ginger roots.
- Ice cubes
- 25ml Apple cider vinegar.
- Handful of red currants.
- Thyme leaves, picked.
- 1/2 tablespoon rose water.
- Wash the apple. Put the apple, cardamom pods and ginger into a food processor and run for two minutes. Strain into a jug
- Add the apple cider vinegar, rose water and water. Garnish with thyme leaves and red currants. Add ice and serve.
Try these healthy Christmas Mocktails. Let me know what your favourite mocktail is.